A modern accountancy firm in Nottingham are seeking to recruit a Semi Senior Accountant for a job where you must have some experience gained from working in an accountancy practice to be considered.
* Full study support packages for AAT, ACCA or ACA
* Strong pay
* Dress down Friday
* 25 days holiday or 20 if you are training in a qualification and taking time out for studies and exams plus an extra day after 5 years' service
They have a friendly and professional culture and have been very successful in achieving growth and providing comprehensive advice to clients.
TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT OR SEMI SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
As a member of the accounts team the role involves a wide variety of accounting services including the preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax computations, management accounts, VAT returns and undertaking audit assignments potentially. The role involves liaising with managers and clients and prioritising workload to ensure that client deadlines and needs are met.
* Preparation of statutory accounts from analysis of client records to producing final accounts on Iris accounts production
* Preparation of corporation tax computations
* Preparation of Monthly/Quarterly management accounts both in the office and at clients premises
* Bookkeeping on sage and preparation of monthly or quarterly VAT returns, including submission to HMRC
* External audit assignments - Assisting on those
Candidates studying actively (AAT, ACCA, ACA) would be well matched. Any knowledge of IRIS would be preferable and good sage and excel skills are preferred.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a good salary, company contributions to their pension, study support and flexi-time.