A long established and reputable accountancy firm in Nottingham are keen to hire a Senior Accountant for a key role at their office.
Any experience of xero or sage one would be ideal but is not necessary to apply.
The role is flexible and the wishes of the chosen candidate can be incorporated to a degree, but the role could include:
* Account Preparations -prepare company yearend accounts; this includes sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
* Corporation Tax Returns - Submitting returns for Limited companies
* Journal processing
* Bank Reconciliations and Control Accounts - This includes current accounts, savings accounts, credit card accounts and also accounts for loans and finances.
* VAT Returns
* Allocate customer invoices - This is done on Sage when an invoice is raised for a client.
* Being responsible for inputting of staff timesheets for job costing
* Monthly Management Accounts - This includes preparing profit and loss and balance sheet for the client.
* Audits - Audit work can be flexed to suit the right person. If you enjoy audit, it can be up to 30% of the job and if not, it could be a small part of the job.
* Liaising with HMRC regarding VAT, Payroll and Personal Tax
* Client interaction - Speaking with clients on a daily basis via email, phone and face to face meetings.
* Using sage software, including sage payroll
They have stressed that progression and development is very much available if they hire an ambitious person. Similarly, someone seeking stability in a long term position would be welcomed.