We have taken on a new position with a leading accountancy firm in their VAT advisory team, ideally based from the Nottingham office, but you can be based or live elsewhere, as long as you can spend around 2 days per week in the Nottingham office with colleagues.
We have worked with this employer on many occasions over the years and have made many successful placements with them.
- Strong annual leave, plus buy / sell holidays
- Hybrid working offered to all staff
- Full support for professional or chartered qualifications
- Generous pension, healthcare and other benefits
They offer hybrid working, which tends to be around 50-60% office time as a minimum, benefits packages are strong and they are known to be a supportive and generous employer.
VAT Consultant – Full time
You will work alongside the VAT Manager in a VAT advisory role, with an opportunity to work with both clients, directors and team members. Ideally being based at their Nottingham office, you will have some experience with VAT, but this can be either from another VAT position or potentially general accountancy practice work, but with an enthusiasm to get more involved in VAT / Indirect taxes work.
You may hold an accounting or tax qualification or simply be qualified by experience.
- To work alongside the VAT team in a VAT advisory role
- Dealing with internal and external VAT queries and assignments
- Help to identify tax planning opportunities and making recommendations
- Planning and performing VAT consultancy assignments
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation
- Technical research and report writing
This role is totally focused on VAT advisory, not completing VAT returns.
VAT queries can come through on property, land, flat rate or normal VAT rates etc and any situation where there are problems and opportunities in VAT.
Salary wise, this is open-ended as it depends on your experience, but the firm may look up to Supervisor / Assistant Manager grade.
We use the most up to date attraction methods and technology to find the best people and connect them with our clients.
We are supporters and attendees of regular networking events and consider ourselves established members of the business community.
Contact us to learn more, we’re happy to help you or your business move forward.