Exeter or Newton Abbott
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 (FTE, if part-time desired)
Hours: 22.5 – 37.5 hours per week, 3 – 5 days per week.
This opportunity is best suited for an experienced bookkeeper seeking near full-time or part-time work for 3-5 days per week , at a well-established firm of chartered accountants, working for a range of clients across a variety of industries. Flexible working options, including flexitime or hybrid, are available for this position, whether working full-time or part-time hours.
This role is available in Exeter and/or Newton Abbott and is best suited to a candidate local to Devon.
About our client:
Our client is a firm of chartered accountants with a respectable presence across the South West. The firm is well regarded and recognised as an employer of choice in the local area and is committed to providing a good employee experience for individuals looking to develop their career in practice accountancy.
The role would involve working with clinets varying sizes in sectors including (but not limited to) agriculture and healthcare in the firm’s outsourcing department.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of accounting principles and procedures, as well as experience with audit and general practice work.
The role will involve:
- Bookkeeping duties
- Preparing VAT returns
- Completing Self Assessment returns
- Other general practice work
- Support to professional qualifications, as well as in-house training and CPD.
- Offices have perfect balance of being in good locations but not right in the centre which allows for easier access, less traffic and the ability to park outside our offices
- We offer flexi time giving you the opportunity to balance the important things in life: yourself and your family as well as your career
- Pension and life cover
- Annual teambuilding events
- The posibility of hybrid working, depending on experience level.
A successful candidate would have:
- AAT (fully qualified or part qualified) or qualified-by-experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper
- A good understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a rare opportunity to work for a firm of chartered accountants that offers flexible working, so please apply without delay.
We use the most up to date attraction methods and technology to find the best people and connect them with our clients.
We are supporters and attendees of regular networking events and consider ourselves established members of the business community.
Contact us to learn more, we’re happy to help you or your business move forward.