Audit and Accounts Senior to Manager
We are hiring a unique career opportunity for someone with proven audit skills from working in an accountancy practice, at a leading, independent accountancy firm in Nottingham. This role can be hire between Audit Semi-Senior through to Manager grade and is best suited to an ambitious ACA / ACCA studier or qualified, who wants the chance to work in a firm small enough to recognise you, but big enough to offer interesting technical work and career development.
The exact mix of audit, accounts and other work can be changed to suit the wishes of a new recruit.
This practice use up to date IT methods, are highly profitable and have an established team.
This role is working on a broad variety of clients and potentially including work on systems such as sage and excel but also newer cloud-based accounting systems which the firm and their clients are increasingly using. The firm is very IT literate and forward thinking, with a strong client based.
To be considered, you will have practical experience, including audit and could be moving from a top 4 / top 20 firm or a smaller practice, where you have gained audit experience alongside other skills. You will be seeking the opportunity to develop your career and role.
In terms of salary, they are open to a range based on the candidate and the current market, with the firm open to applications at any level ranging from Semi Senior through to Manager grade.
They are seeking to hire into a role which will predominantly be mixed audit and accounts – being in charge of small audits, and senioring / looking after a junior on bigger audits (if you have the experience), plus some accounts preparation work.
- For the position on offer, some amount of work from home can be discussed, although the firm prefer to spend a good amount of time together in the office.
- Assistance in the audit from planning through to completion stage ensuring that your work is to a suitable standard for manager review.
- Completion of substantive tests, delegating elements of testing to more junior members of staff where appropriate.
- Complete stock takes and write up detailed notes and results.
- Preparation of sole trader and limited company accounts and completion of tax computations.
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to more senior members of staff.
- Manage own time, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to advise where applicable and necessary.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Full study support if needed
- A job that offers a great work life balance
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexible hours
- Car Parking, easy access from public transport too
On offer is car parking on-site, full support from the existing Director / Partner team, a higher-than-average salary, good holidays and quick career progression.
We use the most up to date attraction methods and technology to find the best people and connect them with our clients.
We are supporters and attendees of regular networking events and consider ourselves established members of the business community.
Contact us to learn more, we’re happy to help you or your business move forward.