Accounts Payable Assitant
Blusource Recruitment has teamed up with an established company based close to Derby City Centre in the search for an Accounts Payable Assistant on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
The role offers you hybrid working; a bonus scheme; free parking and a great working environment, where you will be part of a larger finance team.
As an experienced purchase ledger clerk, you will:
- Entering invoices into their financial accounting system
- Attain key performance indicator (KPI) targets where relevant.
- Validate and maintain accurate coding of invoices, collaborating with site personnel and accountants.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the procurement process for both purchase order (PO) and Non-PO transactions.
- Address invoice queries promptly, forwarding them to site administrators as needed.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies for flagged invoices
- Ensure timely updates of receipting or alternative process controls at various sites.
- Cultivate positive relationships with suppliers.
- Reconcile supplier statements with supplier ledger accounts.
- Review and investigate Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) for supplier accounts when necessary.
- Conduct audits of expense claims in alignment with Group Policy and VAT principles, validating supporting documentation.
- Extract data required for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Audit purposes, collaborating with internal and external auditors as needed.
What are we looking for?
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic clerk with some purchase ledger or Accounts Payable experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Someone who will proactively question existing practices.
- Collaborative team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, APPLY NOW!
We use the most up to date attraction methods and technology to find the best people and connect them with our clients.
We are supporters and attendees of regular networking events and consider ourselves established members of the business community.
Contact us to learn more, we’re happy to help you or your business move forward.