Blusource are working with a great engineering business based in Burton-On-Trent to help them find a Strategic Resource Planner for a 12 Month FTC as an additional resource due to the pipeline of work to focus on forward planning and support with the activity in the current team. The Client is also looking to offer hybrid working.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role/industry, can work in a fast paced/pressured/ever changing environment and the ability to plan ahead and lead the team to plan ahead rather than reacting to the here and now.
The duties are as follows:
* Line Management of UK Resource Schedulers, working as a team to ensure all projects are appropriately resourced by direct or indirect labour.
* Undertake regular 121s with direct reports and support with their development and training needs.
* Produce regular resource planning reporting to General Manager, HR Manager and Regional Engineering Managers.
* Ensure any gaps in resource are addressed in adequate time.
* Ensure employed labour are appropriately allocated at all times avoiding the need to stand down.
* Create a strategic resource planning tool which forecasts not only current but future resource requirements aligned to the pipeline of work.
* Ensure training matrix is updated for employed workforce and required qualifications and certifications in place at all times.
* Develop a skills matrix for the UK business, identifying the required skills and competence for each role and project.
* Develop existing reporting tools to allow for timely and accurate reporting.
* Engage with preferred temporary labour agencies for immediate and future pipeline works.
* Engagement with Sub-Contractors and Supply Chain.
* Adhere to legislative requirements from an Employment, Immigration and Health and Safety perspective.
* Support with managing IR35 risk to the business.
* Support with resourcing of projects overseas as well as in UK, ensuring appropriate visa documentation in place aligned to local country requirements and legislation.
* Attend meetings as required to report on resource planning.
For the right candidate the client will consider someone on a 4-week notice period, but ideally are looking for candidates who are immediately available.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now.