A modern accountancy firm in nice offices are seeking a Semi Senior OR Senior Accountant for a varied job role focused on accounts preparation work.
Applicants from AAT studiers through to qualified (ACA / ACCA) accountants are sought after by this accountancy firm. To be considered, you must have experience gained from working in an accountancy firm.
* Iris knowledge beneficial but not a necessity
* Good excel skills
The role will involve dealing with general accounting and taxation work in the form of:
* Preparing accounts from incomplete records and from computerised systems, using the software programmes of Sage, IRIS etc and online accounting systems.
* Clients include limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. There may be work on pension schemes and trusts.
* The businesses have varying turnover figures from £10 million to below the VAT threshold.
* For some clients, you may be responsible for the book-keeping on a monthly or quarterly basis.
* There may be the requirement to produce management accounts and VAT returns for clients.
* You would use the Iris accounting systems to produce the final accounts and deals with the corporation and personal tax returns for those clients you are responsible for.
* Experienced applicants can be given the opportunity to manage clients and take part in the review of work, whilst supporting the firm's management with business critical decisions and business development.
* Training of accounts assistants including setting objectives, reviewing their work and feedback.
* Potential to build up own portfolio of clients - development route to client manager role.
* Once qualified attending seminars to keep technical knowledge up to date and for CPD.