A professional services firm in Leicester are seeking to hire into a crucial Payroll Manager job. This role will be above a small team of staff and be a mix of "doing" and "managing" both the work and client relationships. You will work closely with the firm's Directors to improve and grow the payroll department, with all work done on Sage payroll currently.
* Undertaking payroll functions, plus overseeing client relationships and payrolls for in excess of 100 clients, with the potential to grow the department.
* Covering weekly, monthly and 4-weekly payroll
* Collating timesheets and attendance records from clients
* Starters and leavers
* Deductions from employee wages
* Furlough payments and Pension Auto Enrolment
* Informing clients of PAYE liabilities
* Producing reports, answering questions, RTI set up for clients.
* Overseeing the department, training and mentoring staff, developing systems and efficiencies and helping to make positive changes as the department grows.