A Nottingham based accountancy firm are looking to hire someone into a Semi Senior or Senior Accountant job, working in a friendly team and with a solid reputation locally.
The following duties could be involved in the role, dependent on your experience and preferences:
* Account Preparations -prepare company year end accounts; this includes sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
* Corporation Tax Returns - Submitting returns for Limited companies
* VAT Returns - This includes calculating and submitting standard VAT and flat rate VAT to HMRC.
* Monthly Management Accounts - This includes preparing profit and loss and balance sheet for the client.
* Audits - Probably a small part of the job or nothing at all, dependent on your experience and preference.
* Liaising with HMRC regarding VAT, Payroll and Personal Tax
* Client interaction - Speaking with clients on a daily basis via email, phone and face to face meetings. Also regularly attending clients premises to assist them with year ends and bookkeeping.
* Using sage software, CCH, excel, xero, quickbooks, sage one.
The firm can support study for ACA or ACCA, dependent on your preference.