A strong accountancy firm in Derbyshire (close to Ripley, Heanor and Belper) work with modern systems and are quick growing, so looking to hire into important Senior Accountant and Semi Senior Accountant roles.
The firm are seeking to hire an "Accounts Senior" OR "Semi Senior" ASAP. This needs to be someone that is an all-rounder, with qualifications or just experience considered (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or AAT - or is qualified by experience). The following areas could be involved in the position.
Key Accountabilities can include:
- Preparing statutory accounts - this includes incomplete records and computerised books. Preparing sole trader and Partnership accounts
- Preparing self-assessment tax computations
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Training junior members of staff and being their "go to" for technical and software related queries (For the Senior Accountant role)
- Establishing and building strong client relationships
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts.
- General book-keeping on behalf of clients using relevant accounting systems (including Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, Digita and IRIS). Visit client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using the relevant accounting.
This firm are capable of offering a steady, long term job in nice offices, with flexibility or a more dynamic, career focused position, dependent upon what you are seeking. Study support, strong pay and benefits are on offer for the right person.