Accountant - Leading employer benefits / hybrid
This leading and well-known accountancy brand have new job opportunities in Nottingham within their Accounting team, for either qualified, ‘qualified by experience’ or capable Semi-Senior level Accountants, in roles with titles from “Senior” to “Client Manager”.
The recruitment is focused on the Accounting team and with several vacancies potentially on offer, applications are welcome from people excited by the chance to join a leading accountancy brand offering great support, a fabulous benefits package, strong pay in line with one of the largest accountancy firms and great flexibility on hybrid and working hours.
If you are anywhere from part-qualified through to qualified / post qualified grade, the firm would like to know about you, with those having experience of smaller practice backgrounds welcomed too. Key skills in accounts preparation (particularly FRS 102) and basic tax computations are sought by the local team’s Directors.
An overview is below, but don’t take this too literally, as the firm can hire at any level from Semi-Senior to Qualified Accountant / Assistant Manager level.
Overall job purpose
The team are responsible for the preparation of accounts for SME clients. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts and therefore a strong understanding of FRS 102, IFRS and the Companies Act are preferred.
- The focus will be on preparation of statutory accounts for clients
- You will be expected to deal with consolidated accounts and consolidation workings
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly
We use the most up to date attraction methods and technology to find the best people and connect them with our clients.
We are supporters and attendees of regular networking events and consider ourselves established members of the business community.
Contact us to learn more, we’re happy to help you or your business move forward.