An Accountant is sought for new job with a superb professional services firm in Derby who offer flexible working, great holidays and a modern working environment.
You will ideally have experience gained from working in an accountancy firm or both an accountancy firm and industry.
The firm has a wonderful working environment and an employer who offers trust, flexibility, great rewards and a social working atmosphere.
Firm, based in Derby, are looking to add an Accountant / Practice Manager.
The role will take responsibility for much of the non-fee earning aspects of the Practice including accounting, finance, KPI reporting, compliance and admin.
The role will be hands on and include overseeing a junior accountant who inputs to ledgers etc, responsible for providing key information to enhance the firm's productivity and performance.
As Practice Manager you will have overall responsibility for:
* Preparing Statutory Accounts for partnership and limited company and Corporate / Partnership tax returns.
* Involvement in payroll for the firm and P11D's
* Managing debtors and chasing as appropriate
* VAT returns
* Overseeing systems
* Bank reconciliations
* Various ad hoc tasks to maintain quality and practice standards
* Reconciling payments
* Promoting efficiency, recoverability and staff productivity
* Ad-hoc projects on behalf of the Partner group
The successful applicant will have a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA) and ideally have worked in a professional services/time billing environment. Salary negotiable dependent upon knowledge and experience.
Salaries will obviously be commensurate with experience and level of qualification - the firm pay competitively, have a bonus scheme, parking, flexible working practices, medical and pension.