An exciting, growing firm of accountants based in Manchester are looking for an Bookkeeping & Accounts Assistant to join their expanding team.
Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Maintaining and updating client records with all aspects of bookkeeping.
* Maintaining and updating client's accounting records.
* Preparation of Management Accounts.
* Ensuring clients comply with PAYE, VAT and accounting record keeping requirements.
* Provide advice and training to more junior members of the team.
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Providing credit control, payment runs and other ad-hoc related services as required by the client.
* Corresponding with clients, management and colleagues regarding client transactions, activity etc...
* Filing accounting records accordingly.
* Production of financial reports such as management accounts, debtors reports, creditor's reports, etc.
* Preparation of VAT returns.
* Reviewing own work analytically to improve accuracy.
An ideal candidate will have experience in Bookkeeping, VAT & Management Accounts and hold an AAT or bookkeeping qualification.
Software skills desired: Xero Certification, Sage, QuickBooks and Viztopia, along with knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
This role would be suitable for a: Bookkeeper, Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Account Technician or Accounts Semi Senior.
This position is relevant for applicants from the following locations; Manchester, Stockport, Sale, Cheadle, Didsbury, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Ashton under Lyne, Stretford, Salford, Leigh, Eccles, Prestwich, Droylsden.